Louisville Mold Testing & Removal
Louisville’s Choice for Indoor Mold Testing, Cleanup & Remediation
We know that protecting your family’s health and wellbeing is the most important responsibility of your home. Exposure to indoor black mold can lead to compounding health issues including breathing difficulty, eye and throat irritation, coughing, allergic reactions and potentially much worse. If you or your family are experiencing any of these issues, you should consider having your home tested for mold irritants. Dry Effect is a premier provider of mold testing and removal in the Louisville, Kentucky region and is standing by the improve the air quality of your house.
Dry Effect’s trained and certified experts based in Louisville will make sure the removal process is done correctly the first time and back that with a 5 Year Mold Free Guarantee for your peace of mind. Why does Dry Effect have a 5 Year Guarantee? We are confident that when all necessary steps are completed, your home will be mold free and protected against further growth thanks to our industry best techniques and equipment. If growth returns in the five year window, Dry Effect will incur all expenses to remediate any future growth if it occurs in the same treated space under normal moisture and humidity conditions.*
Dry Effect is ready to help you with:
- Mold Testing
- Indoor Air Quality Inspections
- Black Mold Removal
- Mold Remediation
- Moisture Risks
- Air Duct Cleaning
Dry Effect is your premier mold testing and removal experts. We guarantee Mold Free for Five Years because of our confidence in our technology and processes. Call today to schedule a consultation and site visit with a trained and certified Dry Effect mold expert.
*Dry Effect will provide specific, written recommendations after remediation services are completed. These recommendations are designed to minimize or prevent mold from returning and are specific to your space. If recommendations are not followed, Mold Free 5 Year Warranty may be voided at discretion of Dry Effect. Learn More.
Tell Us About Your Problem:
*Dry Effect will make written recommendations after remediation. Hence these recommendations are designed to minimize or prevent mold from returning. Furthermore if the written recommendations are not followed and mold returns as a direct result of a disregard of our recommendations. Consequently the 5-year warranty may be voided at the discretion of Dry Effect. Learn More.
Louisville Mold Testing & Removal Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to prevent mold?
The best way to prevent mold growth and proliferation is to keep enclosed environments materials dry. And if they get wet to dry them as quickly as possible.
How is it the remediation criteria determined?
The areas are identified by conditions of the affected environment, not square footage. They are known as Conditions 1, 2 and 3.
What are the differences between the 3 conditions?
- Condition 1 - Normal, expected mold spore type and counts for a given region and space type.
- Condition 2 - Contaminated with settled spores, but does not have to have active growth.
- Condition 3 - Affected areas are visible and/or active growth of surfaces is present
Why is there a containment set-up in our home?
Local or mini-containments are used for “moderate levels” of fungal growth that is visible or suspected. This is done to decrease the risk of cross contamination into other spaces within the home.
What are the processes of cleaning you will perform to ensure all particles are removed?
- Step one is to thoroughly vacuum all interior areas including walls, ceiling, floors, furniture and cabinets and contents with professional grade HEPA vacuuming equipment.
- Damp wipe all surfaces. Specific dampening agents used are per customer and depending on surfaces.
- HEPA vacuum all surfaces again.
- Damp wipe all surfaces again.
- Final HEPA vacuuming all surfaces.
What is this large machine and purpose of it running all day?
After cleanup and HEPA vacuuming process is complete, a negative air machine is utilized to “scrub the air.” Dry Effect HEPA air scrubbers are capable of removing 99.97% of dry particulate down to 0.3 micron. Given that mold spores are greater than 1.0 micron size, the capture and elimination rates are incredibly high. The running of these machines help achieve optimal results in the cleanup and prevention of future mold growth.
Why is the HVAC system necessary to be cleaned as well? There’s not mold in the HVAC.
To help prevent re-contamination, a thorough cleaning of the HVAC system should be conducted after interior mold remediation has been completed. This cleaning will be done before post-remediation testing is done while the building or facility is unoccupied.
Is it necessary to discard all the contents in my home?
No. Prior to cleaning the contents they will be categorized by their composition and the level of contamination they contain. This will determine how and if the contents can be cleaned or must be discarded.
How are my contents categorized?
- Condition 1 - Contents with normal or typical mold levels for a given environment and region
- Condition 2 - Contaminated with settled spores, but no active mold growth. HEPA vacuuming and/or damp wiping is option for cleaning & remediation. Soft goods such as linens and upholstered furniture can HEPA vacuumed first then cleaned using the appropriate cleaning methods.
- Condition 3 - Contents are contaminated with visible or active mold growth. Soft or fabric goods would need to be discarded. Due to staining, discoloration or physical damage, clothes, towels and linens may have to be discarded, as well.
Why is a post remediation necessary?
Post remediation sampling is important to assess the effectiveness of the remediation process. If the moisture problem is not addressed and corrected, mold WILL return to the environments. Dry Effect is a full service building moisture services company and can make recommendations as well as provide solutions to solve the attributing moisture problems.