Waterproofing is one of the most vital elements for any house architecture. But nowadays most of the people neglect this, thinking that waterproofing is not a necessary thing to do. Within some areas of the house such as terrace, rooftop, fences, foundations, toilet it is fundamental to limit liquid seepage plus exposures. Read this blog to understand why waterproofing is necessary and how much it can cost you.
Why Waterproofing is Necessary for your House?
Waterproofing pavement is required at low-grade sections to restrict liquid invasion moreover basic destruction. The main aim is to preserve the architectural contents from water infiltration that can create fundamental injury to the cement or damage to the fixed iron. The 3 main reasons are:
Protects Interiors From Water Damage
The interior of your home is exposed to many unpredictable weather elements like rain and sun rays. No matter how much you get your walls sealed by using steel, concrete, etc., during the construction, they do crack and get rusted. Waterproofing your home guards the walls from creating a seepage.
Saves Your Money
Waterproofing your home might seem like a blow to your budget. But, as they say, prevention is always better than cure. Instead of being taken aback by the costs of waterproofing your home, it is best to think of it as a long term investment.
Prevents the Onset of Health Problems
When moisture enters your walls and ceilings, it starts building up the growth of mold and mildew. This creates spores, which leads to many health problems. It’s always preferable to have waterproofing done, to keep you and your family away from such unexpected health problems.
How does Waterproofing Work?
Waterproofing usually includes the establishment of a layer or accurate application of sealing products to an exterior of the exposed surface or ground. Experts usually use or cover a layer to the sphere that needs to be waterproofed. Waterproofing covers are either :
- High-performance polyurethane layers
- Thermoplastic propylene rubbers
In some cases, waterproofing needs to be done by a professional company. Many professional waterproofers even give you an agreement guarantee when they finish the job that assures that the experts are working in compliance with the appropriate standard for waterproofing.
How Much does Waterproofing Cost?
The average homeowner spends around $4,337 to seal a basement or foundation, with minor repairs costing as little as $600. More comprehensive issues that include fixing cracks in the foundation or adding drains & gutters can cost upwards of $10,000. Depending on a number of variables, that cost can range anywhere from $2,117 and $6,610. Per square foot, expect to spend between $5 and $10.
- · Exterior Foundation Sealing: It may costs between $1,500 and $15,000.
- · Cement Waterproofing: You will pay about $1,000 to $1,500 for cement waterproofing depending on your home.
- · Concrete Waterproofing & Foundation Coatings: Expect to pay between $500 and $1,000 for professional interior concrete waterproofing. Coating costs less in labor when compared to other sealing methods
- · Foundation Leaks and Cracks: Repairing foundation leaks and cracks may cost anything between $500 to $1,000.
- · Interior Water Drainage: From floor drains to sump pumps, interior drainage systems cost between $700 to $2,600.
- · Install Gutters and Downspouts: The cost to install downspouts and gutters ranges from $550 to $1,350, with most homeowners paying just under $1,000 for the job.
- · Landscape Grading: Removing standing water costs between $1,300 and $4,600. The price of re-sloping your lawn will run you between $900 and $3,000 and can also help with drainage.
- Hiring a Waterproofer
When it comes time to hiring a waterproofer make sure that they are appropriate for your work. Some interrogations must be done which include :
- Are you permitted for this work?
- What guarantee does your outputs offer?
- Are you registered to work in my home?
- How long will my job take?
- Can you give a written quote?
- Do you have any recommendations to follow up?
- Do you have references to show your previous work?
Once these questions are answered and you are assured that they are professionals and can take care of waterproofing at your home, you can hire them.
It is vital to get your waterproofing done at the right time to avoid unnecessary costs after a few years.
Dry Effect provides a wide range of waterproofing services in and around Cincinnati. Our waterproofing solutions include sheet membrane, torch on membrane, liquid membrane, and other concrete repairs. For expert advice on waterproofing in Cincinnati, call us on 513-763-2121.