How to Deodorize your House?
Bad smells will remain inside your house if you haven’t thrown the trash out or wash your yoga clothes in a few days. The only secret to getting rid of bad odor is to first remove the source of the odor. And it is only possible by the means of a thorough cleaning.
How to Get Rid of Bad Odor in House?
Surely you’ve heard the expression “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” This proverb holds true when it comes to figuring out how to deodorize your home. The best way to maintain a pleasant smelling house is to create a cleaning routine and stick with it.
To actually deodorize your home, you can sprinkle baking soda on the floors & furniture and vacuum it up. Baking soda neutralizes odors instead of just masking them.
Pro Tip: If you have pets, make sure they’re not in the room until you’ve vacuumed up the baking soda.
If you are unable to get rid of the bad smell yourself, it’s best to look out for professional odor removal services.
Tips to Avoid Bad Odors in your House
- Leave gross shoes and sneakers outside or investing in foot odor products
- Do laundry on a regular basis.
- Wash your dishes on a daily basis.
- Clean your pets when they’re dirty. Also, keep their bedding and litter boxes clean.
- Make sure that no one in the family is leaving food, dirty dishes or piles of smelly clothes in their room.
- Keep sink drains free of food debris.
- Take out the trash regularly and clean your trash cans when they become dirty.
- Replace the kitchen sponge before it starts to stink.
- Maintain a clean refrigerator.
- Keep sporting and fishing gear outdoors or inside the garage.
- Toss out unrefrigerated produce or other foods before they spoil.
- Open windows (when the weather is nice) to air out your home
- Leave your bathroom door open after showers so that it gets some ventilation.
Treat the cause not the symptoms. One common mistake that a lot of people make is masking the odor. While your candle warmer or favorite room spray may spread pleasant scents when used, you need to actually remove odors from your home if you want it to smell nice all of the time.
Now that you’re armed with this knowledge, you’re ready to deodorize your home.
What if You Can’t Remove Odors from Your Home?
In case, you have removed the source but the smell is still around, there’s a chance that you are dealing with something serious. There’s a chance of mold growth inside your house.
Get a house mold inspection to ensure that you are not running yourself into bigger problems. If the mold is detected, the professionals will perform the mold remediation process to ensure that your house is free from mold and the bad odors as well.